Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Keep Calm and Marry On

Photos by Craig Van Blaricum


I love event planning and throwing parties - in fact I could see myself doing that as a job someday if this whole graphic design thing doesn't work out! The latest party I was a part of planning was the engagement party of my good friends Paul and Casey. I posted the invite to the party I created earlier on this blog - the London Underground themed invite. We held the party at a British pub to create as authentic of an environment that we could without having to buy plane tickets for all the guests (a little outside of the budget). To finish the London feel, I created bunting out of Union Jack flags, custom signs that said "Keep Calm and Marry On" (a play off the now infamous poster produced by the British government during World War II), British themed food tags, Queen mum masks, and a favor of Peppermint tea (has special meaning to the couples' love story).

We had plenty of tasty food - sliders, chips (fries) and stuffed mushrooms. Also a fabulous cake of vanilla with lemon and raspberry filling complete with sugar Union Jack flags on top. We had a Brit band playlist for music and a projected photo slideshow of Paul and Casey over the years. All in all I think the party was a great success and a lot of fun was had by all. Pip pip!

If anyone is looking for British or Keep Calm & Marry On themed items for a party or wedding, please contact me at bexcessories@gmail.com 
I would be delighted to work with you to design invites, save the dates, posters, food cards or anything else!

1 comment:

  1. It was a wonderful party Becca! So much fun and such sweet comments by good friends! We were so glad to be a part of the celebration! Blessings! Teresa

    ReplyDelete